Nearly $20,000 in funding was presented to 11 departments at Victoria College by the Foundation with its spring faculty and staff awarding.
“The Victoria College Foundation is pleased to assist these departments in their quests to enhance the learning experiences of VC students,” said VC Foundation President Dr. Bruce Bauknight. “The funds allocated this year went to address a variety of needs for students, faculty and staff.”
More than $340,000 in funding has been awarded by the VC Foundation to VC faculty and staff since 1998.
The recipients of the 2017 grants are:
- Instrumentation & Electronics Program - $2,684.40 for industrial trades instructors to attend professional development training.
- Victoria College Gonzales Center - $1,946.06 to purchase a new incubator for its microbiology lab.
- Process Technology Program - $1,400 to partially cover costs associated with upgrading process technology simulator software.
- Marketing & Communications Department - $2,500 to purchase a 10x10 pop-up tent for student activities and recruitment
- Student Activities - $1,000 to purchase two foosball tables for VC’s Student Centers in Victoria and Gonzales.
- Student Activities and Student Government Association - $1,000 to assist with speaker’s fees for the Region VI Conference.
- Geology Department - $4,000 to purchase drone video imagery of key geologic process/features for enhanced instruction.
- Division of Academic Foundations - $2,214.12 to purchase two Microsoft Surface Pro tablets to be used by instructors for classroom instruction.
- Physical Plant Department - $995 for Paul Janacek, VC building maintenance technician, to receive training to become a Certified Facility Locksmith.
- Museum of the Coastal Bend - $625 for Amanda Lanum, the museum’s educational coordinator, to attend the National Association for Interpretation “Train-the-Trainers” workshop.
- College Advancement & External Affairs - $1,460 to provide funding for VC Events Services Specialist Patrick McLaughlin to attend a theater stage rigging masterclass.